Tips for Economical Road Trip

jaredmagica

junior
You guys like to go on a road trips right? Either road trips with friends, or with partners. So, i am going to share tips for an economical road trip.
Ok 1st, destination. You choose a place near the city, with easy access to public transport, short walking distance from point to point.
Example: Melaka City/Georgetown/KL/Ipoh.
2nd, transportation. Use bus. No need to drive, dont waste money on fuel and toll.
3rd, hotels. Look for a budget hotel, use the OYO apps.
4th, food and beverage. Usually i prefer not to eat at viral place, because mostly their pricing is expensive, and food not really tasty, but it's up to you guys if you want to. Usually i just tapau at any clean foodstall/foodcourt and i ordered plain water, it's free and healthy. Haha.
Then i will look for a place to eat, near the park, the river/beach, or dataran. Anywhere that is comfortable to enjoy food and scenery.
*Remark: This tips is applicable for unfussy people only hahahahah

ladycaca75

junior
You guys like to go on a road trips right? Either road trips with friends, or with partners. So, i am going to share tips for an economical road trip.
Ok 1st, destination. You choose a place near the city, with easy access to public transport, short walking distance from point to point.
2nd, transportation. Use bus. No need to drive, dont waste money on fuel and toll.
4th, food and beverage. Usually i prefer not to eat at viral place, because mostly their pricing is expensive, and food not really tasty, but it's up to you guys if you want to. Usually i just tapau at any clean foodstall/foodcourt and i ordered plain water, it's free and healthy. Haha.
Then i will look for a place to eat, near the park, the river/beach, or dataran. Anywhere that is comfortable to enjoy food and scenery.

im quite sceptical of buses. is it safe and comfy for long journey?

jellybean_meizi

freshman
that what im doing till now. once in a month, there will be a short escape for me and girlfriends. My fav is Melaka, with sweeping views , it was the perfect getaway to escape the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur.

majorminor123

freshman
It is a wise choice to choose bus to travel.. It much2 cheaper and there are lot of choice and range for places and time respectively each day.. What i do is book with redbus to choose date and place i wanna go.. As i remembered, i got new user discount which is rm 20 in the redbus wallet..

liumandy61

freshman
that what im doing till now. once in a month, there will be a short escape for me and girlfriends. My fav is Melaka, with sweeping views , it was the perfect getaway to escape the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur.
wahh i love melaka but its quite packed if you go during weekends or public holidays. so if youre driving will stuck in traffic jam for hours

ladycaca75

junior
It is a wise choice to choose bus to travel.. It much2 cheaper and there are lot of choice and range for places and time respectively each day.. What i do is book with redbus to choose date and place i wanna go.. As i remembered, i got new user discount which is rm 20 in the redbus wallet..
what is redbus? new bus company?

jaredmagica

junior
im quite sceptical of buses. is it safe and comfy for long journey?
Yes of course and you see more. Obviously! We found ourselves staring outside the window for hours on end. We must admit, rocking around in those comfy chairs will make you sleepy though
Post automatically merged:

Woah that a nice place to visit. Ive been there twice this year. I choose bus as transport to travel from my place to melaka. Are you driving there? where the places you are visit there?

Last edited:

majorminor123

freshman
wahh i love melaka but its quite packed if you go during weekends or public holidays. so if youre driving will stuck in traffic jam for hours
yea it's nice right Melaka, got many historical place to visit. Please dont drive or else you wont enjoy your holiday, traffic jammed, hard to find parking area, haha use bus and just walk around the city.

Last edited:

jellybean_meizi

freshman
i used bus to avoid the heavy traffic.. much relax along the trip.. the ticket quite cheap too which cost only rm11.. book online without wasting time to que..

ladycaca75

junior
No la.. It is website for online ticket platform.. You will find an extensive list of bus operators in Malaysia while booking a bus ticket online on redBus..
oh i see... does it cover trips to thailand and singapore? my sister is going there this december maybe i can recommend the app to her

jellybean_meizi

freshman
Woah that a nice place to visit. Ive been there twice this year. I choose bus as transport to travel from my place to melaka. Are you driving there? where the places you are visit there?
jonker street, a famosa and of course you have to eat at asam pedas claypot.. 10/10 the taste.. when booked at the redbus, i just choose to stop at malacca central.. all the places are nearby.. and lucky me last trip i need to cancel the ticket due to unplanned meeting which is compulsory, looking back at the ticket and glad that the ticket can be reschedule for another date..

majorminor123

freshman
oh i see... does it cover trips to thailand and singapore? my sister is going there this december maybe i can recommend the app to her
as far as i know, yes there are trip for both countries available. And if she is a first time user, she can enjoy a 25% discount up to 6 MYR and 25% cashback. Just enter the code 'MYNEW'.

jaredmagica

junior
jonker street, a famosa and of course you have to eat at asam pedas claypot.. 10/10 the taste.. when booked at the redbus, i just choose to stop at malacca central.. all the places are nearby.. and lucky me last trip i need to cancel the ticket due to unplanned meeting which is compulsory, looking back at the ticket and glad that the ticket can be reschedule for another date..
Thanks for sharing. These will be a MUST VISIT PLACES since you are recommended this. I am one of the existing user this app and i did have the bus pass to get more discounts.