Psoriasis Contagious?

xianxian

freshman
Need some advice…Friend is coming to KL from Singapore for a week to bring her son to seek treatment somewhere in Setapak. He has some skin condition psoriasis. Cause covid so I feel its safer for them to stay at my place then stay in the hotel and grab bac and forth. Im a stay home mom and would like to help best that I can…ive just got some concern , ive read that the skin condition doesn’t infect others, not contagious but at the same time im worried as well…do I have to be concern on the towel and mattress? Can I like pass one of our towels and then when they leave just change and wash the sheets will that be sufficient? Im not comfortable asking her this, she might think that im not alright with it, im just abit worried also for my kids but Im okie with sorting it out like mayb can get those foldable thin mattress and shop towels but will it be necessary?

Suhaila azhari

freshman
Hi. It must be a very hard time for your friend. I think you should prepare something extra safe for them and for you. The clean towel and suitable mattress or bedsheet will help to sooth and ease them. Or maybe using a one-time-use or disposable linen.

Last edited:

Mariam Liana A

freshman
It's not contagious but u still can take prevention by regularly cleaning or sanitize surface using anti-bac spray or wash or wipe like dettol. maybe regularly vacuum too.

Natrah Anis

freshman
If you worried bout yr mattress get contaminated, use disposable bedsheet / put mattress cover under the bedsheet. u can also use dust-free / mite-free vacuum that suck up all nano germs and dead skin. u can google bout the vacuum. these are my ways of prevention bcs 1 of my kid once got skin problem so to protect others that's the best I could do.

ZaraZara

freshman
nowadays every house shud have self cleaning equipment like mattress vacuum/air filter/air purifier/air sanitiser etc etc. doesn't matter got sick people in d house or not we need 2 prevent any sickness n take care of our fmly.

Rose Thirah

freshman
hve any1 here tried the mite-free vacuum? wht brand is the best 4 both electricity usage n "pocket" +Berpeluh++Berpeluh+
Post automatically merged:

If you worried bout yr mattress get contaminated, use disposable bedsheet / put mattress cover under the bedsheet. u can also use dust-free / mite-free vacuum that suck up all nano germs and dead skin. u can google bout the vacuum. these are my ways of prevention bcs 1 of my kid once got skin problem so to protect others that's the best I could do.
may I knw what type/brand ure using? I'm getting one but still surveying that doesn't cost me much.

Last edited:

Natrah Anis

freshman
hve any1 here tried the mite-free vacuum? wht brand is the best 4 both electricity usage n "pocket" +Berpeluh++Berpeluh+

may I knw what type/brand ure using? I'm getting one but still surveying that doesn't cost me much.
I am using care service from coway. my mattress isn't their brand but they'll eventually attend. they did not clean the stain etc2 but they do deep cleaning to remove dust and suck away mites that mostly causing skin irritation and such problems. https://www.instagram.com/p/CccsPkJBl9Z/ take a look at this link.

nowadays every house shud have self cleaning equipment like mattress vacuum/air filter/air purifier/air sanitiser etc etc. doesn't matter got sick people in d house or not we need 2 prevent any sickness n take care of our fmly.
that's totally true. I own 3 air filters from coway ( 1 at the hall, 2 in my kids rooms ). eventho I have my own dust/mite vacuum, I regularly call coway for their mattress care service eventho I don't use their mattress. you may wanna see this is how they deep cleaning the mattress.

Last edited:

Kath Hassan

freshman
Need some advice…Friend is coming to KL from Singapore for a week to bring her son to seek treatment somewhere in Setapak. He has some skin condition psoriasis. Cause covid so I feel its safer for them to stay at my place then stay in the hotel and grab bac and forth. Im a stay home mom and would like to help best that I can…ive just got some concern , ive read that the skin condition doesn’t infect others, not contagious but at the same time im worried as well…do I have to be concern on the towel and mattress? Can I like pass one of our towels and then when they leave just change and wash the sheets will that be sufficient? Im not comfortable asking her this, she might think that im not alright with it, im just abit worried also for my kids but Im okie with sorting it out like mayb can get those foldable thin mattress and shop towels but will it be necessary?
Just regularly clean ur mattress.. dats basically where all the germs and mites stays. I've read comments above saying use anti-mite vacuum etc but I don't think so we could get rid most of it. u can get the mattress care service from coway even are not using their mattress. no matter what brand are using. let them take care of ur mattress. Im using other company services too but I prefer coway the most.

Rose, my opinion, u don't need that vacuum bcs we couldn't get our mattress realllyyy clean as it is. let coway do their job and help you save ur energy and cost effective too. take a look at how much they suck away the dust and dirt in the mattress. I know its in Chinese but just watch the video how they do it.

I am using care service from coway. my mattress isn't their brand but they'll eventually attend. they did not clean the stain etc2 but they do deep cleaning to remove dust and suck away mites that mostly causing skin irritation and such problems. https://www.instagram.com/p/CccsPkJBl9Z/ take a look at this link.

that's totally true. I own 3 air filters from coway ( 1 at the hall, 2 in my kids rooms ). eventho I have my own dust/mite vacuum, I regularly call coway for their mattress care service eventho I don't use their mattress. you may wanna see this is how they deep cleaning the mattress.
I am using Coway mattress care service too!! very satisfied!! my mattress brand is king koil very thick and heavy. I have the mattress vacuum but that doesn't clean effectively. I'm not sure Im using it wrongly or the device itself bcs my toddler still having the skin rashes issue. buttttt, after using their service my toddler is free from having any skin issue anymore. +Terharu+

Last edited:

Natrah Anis

freshman
Just regularly clean ur mattress.. dats basically where all the germs and mites stays. I've read comments above saying use anti-mite vacuum etc but I don't think so we could get rid most of it. u can get the mattress care service from coway even are not using their mattress. no matter what brand are using. let them take care of ur mattress. Im using other company services too but I prefer coway the most.

Rose, my opinion, u don't need that vacuum bcs we couldn't get our mattress realllyyy clean as it is. let coway do their job and help you save ur energy and cost effective too. take a look at how much they suck away the dust and dirt in the mattress. I know its in Chinese but just watch the video how they do it.

I am using Coway mattress care service too!! very satisfied!! my mattress brand is king koil very thick and heavy. I have the mattress vacuum but that doesn't clean effectively. I'm not sure Im using it wrongly or the device itself bcs my toddler still having the skin rashes issue. buttttt, after using their service my toddler is free from having any skin issue anymore. +Terharu+
yes exactly! once u tried their service, u'll never look for others. my kids also free from any skin troubles. once of my kid have eczema and she is no longer back-to-back to the Hosp.

Hi. It must be a very hard time for your friend. I think you should prepare something extra safe for them and for you. The clean towel and suitable mattress or bedsheet will help to sooth and ease them. Or maybe using a one-time-use or disposable linen.
my thoughts are always on the mattress. sometimes changing linen is not helping bcs mites could go up thru linen. previously I changed my bedsheet almost every two days but that doesn't solve my daughter's eczema. I tried coway mattress care service, my daughter's eczema is started to slow down and almost gone now.

Last edited:

Rose Thirah

freshman

Tq Kath.. I knw there are few similar services from various brand/company but still can't decide. I have watched the video and they kind a convincing and I shud give it a go.

wows! I tot they'll only service their own mattress brand. my mattress is quite heavy so I think I couldn't do it alone and will call them instead. thanks ya!

Last edited:

Natrah Anis

freshman
wows! I tot they'll only service their own mattress brand. my mattress is quite heavy so I think I couldn't do it alone and will call them instead. thanks ya!
ure welcome. hopefully this video could help u to decide better.